Thursday, February 16, 2012

One week in!!!

It has been about a week since I have really started working hard in the gym. I regret it but I have made some excuses the past few days. I was REALLY sore for the next few days. I used that as my excuse when I could have easily went to the gym, did a good portion of cardio and tried to warm up those muscles good enough to lift. I shouldn't have made excuses for myself and it makes me mad that I missed the opportunity to at least burn some good calories. While I was being a lazy ass at home I was also stuffing my face. Not over doing it, but I was still eating without burning. I was not always eating healthy either. I trick myself into thinking that I needed a coke or a burger every once in a while. That is not always bad either. You have to treat yourself sometimes. Its almost like a reward for being healthy the first part of the week. I have read the book body for life and it mentions that you need to get something out of working so hard. You give yourself a "free day" where for that day you can eat anything that you want. Also it mentions that if you go on a "diet" you will fail 99% of the time. The word diet makes you think negative. So instead of going on a "diet" and I am on a "body transformation".

In my last post I promised that I would share some of my workouts and measurements. First some measurements.

ARMS: 19 in
NECK: 19 in
CHEST: 52in
BELLY: 52in
WAIST: 47in

GOALS: Weigh 240 by the end of the summer. (Aug. 31, 2012) Have 21 inch biceps. Wear a size 38 pants. Look good with my shirt off. Eat more healthy every day except for my one free day. Stop drinking pop on a daily basis.

Now for my workouts. I hate cardio with a passion. Some people dislike it. I cant explain my hatred for it. Obviously the reason I am the way I am is because of this. What I have decided to do is kinda leave that part up to you. There are plenty of ways to get cardio whether it be playing basketball with friends, riding a bike, or running ladders. I love anything that can take my mind of the cardio part of things. Playing any sport is the best way for me to get through a good cardio workout. If that is something that you can do, then riding a stationary bike or an elliptical is the best things you can do. You also have the treadmill if you like that. I find walking easy, but it is not high intensity enough for me to get the calorie burn that I would like. After I get warmed up and get a good cardio burn in I try and lift a little every time. I mostly focus on upper body and then lower body every other day. My upper body workout goes like this:

TRICEP PULL DOWNS: 3 SETS 10 REPS (LAST SET TO BURNOUT)
BENCH PRESS: 3 SETS 1O REPS
DUMBBELL CURLS: 3 SETS 15 REPS (LAST SET TO BURNOUT)
SEATED ROWS: 4 SETS 15 REPS
PLANKS: 4 SETS 30 SECONDS
SIDE PLANKS: 4 SETS 30 SECONDS
FRONT RAISES: 3 SETS 10 REPS
SIDE RAISES: 3 SET 10 REPS
SKULL CRUSHERS: 3 SETS 15 REPS

And the lower body:

CALF RAISES: 4 SETS 15 REPS (LAST SET TO BURNOUT)
LEG EXTENSIONS: 4 SETS 15 REPS (LAST SET TO BURNOUT)
SQUATS: 3 SETS 8-6 REPS
LEG PRESS: 3 SETS 10 REPS
LUNGES: 4 SETS 10 EACH LEG
LEG CURLS: 3 SETS 10 REPS
STRAIGHT LEG DEAD LIFT: 3 SETS 10 REPS

There ya have it. Feel free to take anything off my little workouts and add anything to it or take somethings away. I am always open to suggestions. Thanks for reading.

Update: I am only down one pound after the first shit week. I am going to work harder this week for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment